Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The LA Marathon

This weekend I set out to take on the LA Marathon, Well well well what can I say, BUT i'm unfit and lacking motivation, I have been spending more time than id like working, (even though that comes to an end @ the stroke of 12 Midnight on 22nd June 2011!!!) there will be a celebration planned for my 33rd Birthday and the end of my Information Technology, Contracts and Negotiations and general counsel to the UN...... no truly it feels like it some times, my executive director sent me a thankyou recently and said "to persevere with a contract negotiation, yada yada like this, requires neveres of steel and a lot of grit and determination!" I appeciated the thankyou, and I hope to take that same determination into my full time job "yes trying to be an athlete" just in case you missed it the video below:




So this weekend is a new beginning for me, its a benchmark and a chance to clear my head and start fresh, rid myself of the unnecessary noise that others give us and refocus on the goals.

I will be writing an action plan! yes an action plan as if I am co-ordinating a business strategy for one of my old clients with a never say die attitude and always succeed out come!

Wish me luck, Ill be posting my plan from sunny california on sunday live from Venice Beach!

Stay Tuned

Cheers
Jeff

2 comments:

Peak Adventure said...

All the best with your LA marathon. I have always wanted to do a big city marathon one day, enjoy the experience, but this was not in your program!?! Anyhow, if you are running and enjoying life that's the main thing. Please let me know how the run goes and we can talk program when you feel like it.

Jeff O'Hara said...

Hey Paul, Awsome awsome awesome.... look forward to the shopping.... Thanks Jarad - lets catch up when I get back, Im off to wellington shortly after LA to do a C&N, I have a dozen voice mails on my phone to get to and I know a heap from you..... so apologies....